Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10, 2009

Lunchtime:

I did today what I warned against yesterday. I ate a little too much for my dessert. I went to this sandwich shop down the street from where I work, and since it is not close enough to a corner store with a decent selection of treats, I usually buy one or two cookies from the sandwich shop. Today I decided to get the large, 6 inch diameter chocolate chip cookie. It was pretty good and it went with the flow of that lunch; I had ordered a fairly large and overstuffed turkey sandwich. So you know, if you're gonna do it, you might as well really do it. Indeed, I was annihilated going back to work after lunch, and seeing that I have to stand up all day at where I work, my digestion process is certainly not coddled.
The cookie was good though. This sandwich shop gets its pastries and cookies and such from a bakery on 8th ave and 30th street, and while I don't frequent them much, this cookie hit the spot. The edges were semi-crisp and the center was not too soggy or doughy. This is a frequent concern of mine with large cookies. Not over-cooking the edges and not under-cooking the center is a tricky task.

Dinner:

Just finished a Chicken Parm sub and Cheesy Bread from Dominoes. Both were meh. Left feeling pretty stuffed and seeing that it's already about 10:30 I may have to skip tonight's treat. Although I do have some Reese's Peanut Butter Filled Hearts that I picked up on sale after Valentine's Day that I may partake in if my stomach feels like it can handle more later.
Not a very exciting day for The Snackmaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment